The Stellar Federation is the interstellar political alliance and the primary setting for most characters and stories in the Chakat Universe.
The largest and closest neighboring power is the League of Non-Aligned Worlds (LNAW), with which the Federation maintains a peaceful, albeit tense and unfriendly, relationship.
A rising competitive power in the region is the Faleshkarti, but at least they have become more cooperative, after a rough start. It is possible the Faleshkarti may become members of the Federation at some point, if their population problem is arrested.
Slavery is forbidden by the Charter.
Star Fleet's headquarters are located in a massive warp-capable space station, usually orbiting Terra. It can relocated to other systems if necessary.
The Federation currently (as of the 2330s) consists of approximately 200 planets, spread across a sphere roughly 150 light-years across. The organization is currently in a prolonged colonization stage, and alien races are few & far between, so most of the planets involved are in the early stages of colonization.
Core worlds (homeworlds of member-races):
- Earth (or "Terra") — homeworld of humans and the morphs
- Kà'iît (or "Cait") — homeworld of the Caitians
- Raksha — homeworld of the Rakshani
- Voxxa — homeworld of the Voxxans
Well-developed colony worlds:
Frontier colony worlds:
- Abraxis III — disputed target world for future Federation and Faleshkarti colonization
- Bounty — an Earth agricultural colony
- Bright Hope
- Erdatta — a Voxxan colony world
- New Kiev
- Sylvania — target world for future Federation colonization; being surveyed
The Federation maintains a fleet of interstellar vessels for exploration, defense, and humanitarian missions.
- See Starships for a list of Federation vessels, grouped by type and class.