The Stellar Federation is the interstellar political alliance and the primary setting for most characters and stories in the Chakat Universe.
The largest and closest neighboring power is the League of Non-Aligned Worlds (LNAW), with which the Federation maintains a peaceful, albeit tense and unfriendly, relationship.
A rising competitive power in the region is the Faleshkarti, but at least they have become more cooperative, after a rough start. It is possible the Faleshkarti may become members of the Federation at some point, if their population problem is arrested.
Slavery is forbidden by the Charter.
Location not yet established in canon. Presumably, somewhere on Earth.
Known planets that are members of the Federation, or subject to Federation control, include:
- Abraxis III — disputed target world for future Federation and Faleshkarti colonization
- Bounty — an Earth agricultural colony
- Chakona — adopted homeworld of chakats, skunktaurs, and other morphs
- Earth (or "Terra") — homeworld of humans and the morphs
- Erdatta — a Voxxan colony world
- Kà'iît (or "Cait") — homeworld of the Caitians
- New Kiev
- Raksha — homeworld of the Rakshani
- Sylvania — target world for future Federation colonization; being surveyed
- Voxxa — homeworld of the Voxxans
And approximately 200 other colony worlds.
The Federation maintains a fleet of interstellar vessels for exploration, defense, and humanitarian missions.
- See Starships for a list of Federation vessels, grouped by type and class.